I hate spiders. I just can't stand them! So it's ironic that I live in the house that the spiders seem to love. I do daycare, so I have to be the tough bug killer so I do not freak out the kids...well I am not always successful at this! I don't think Jose believes me when I tell him about the enormous spiders I have to kill on a regular basis. So I took pictures today. I went into the bathroom downstairs getting ready to change diapers and right in my face on the wall was a HUGE spider. Now this is unfortunately not the biggest spider I've encountered. A couple weeks ago I found one of my kids with a cup scooping in the big ball bin in the playroom. I go and look and there is the hugest spider I've ever seen! I could see fur and fangs, I promise you! I did some screaming and shivering and finally got up the courage with a huge wad of paper towels to squish the thing. Then I couldn't get myself to pick up the towels for fear that I did not kill it. So I started pouring it into the garbage - I did kill it, and it was still huge! So today, I again did a little shrieking and shivering, but this time it was able to move more being it was on the wall and not in the bin. So I was not about to get close enough to use a towel. I got a broom! Of course I hit it just enough to make him fall onto the changing table and start running around. I wacked that thing so many times with the broom it didn't have a chance! So there it is all curled up on the table and I still couldn't get enough courage to get a towel. I did a little freaking and then finally with about 10 towels wadded up went and squished the dumb thing and threw it in the garbage. Man do I hate spiders! So I sleep in the basement and all I can do is imagine that these huge spiders crawl all over me in my sleep - you've heard the tale that you supposedly swallow at least 8 spiders a year, right? Eeewwww.... Have you seen the movie The Mist yet? Yeah that didn't help with my fear of large bugs! Not to mention, it is foggy outside today! :) So anyway, between those huge spiders and the occasional mouse, I do get my excitement around here. The mice I do not handle though - my dad or Jose have had to come here to get the mice for me. I did trap one under a bucket once until they could get here. :) Poor kids, they're all going to grow up having panic attacks at spiders and mice because their daycare teacher couldn't pull it together!

There he is!

I'm getting closer...

Yeah, fangs!!! (Thank God for zoom on the camera!)

Mua ha ha ha ha...(evil laugh) I got him!
2 comments:
Poor little spider. :(
You guys would LOVE the movie Arachnophobia! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099052/
Check it out.
Post a Comment