Friday, May 2, 2008

Belle's surgery

We're home from Isabelle's ear tube surgery. She and I left at 6 this morning. Jose had to work and Audri went to school while Grandma watched Isaiah. They took Isabelle at around 8 am. I went to the family waiting room for about 5 minutes, left to get a pop and when I came back the doctor had already been there looking for me. The procedure went great. He said there was quite a bit of fluid so they cleaned it all up and put the tubes in. She'll be getting drops in her ears for the next week and we'll see him again in 2 weeks. She didn't wake up very well from the anesthesia - even worse then the last time. I was there for about an hour trying to calm her down. She didn't want to eat - which they like them to do before they leave. She was just too filled with all the gas - they get gassy from the mask. So anyway, we're home now, she been very happy, ate a good bottle and took a good nap. I'm looking forward to the weekend - hopefully Jose will be home and we can have some nice family time. Maybe the zoo if the weather's nice - I always crave the zoo when spring comes! Then Monday is the appointment with our neurologist to go over all the blood work. Jose was going to go, but now he has to work, so I'll be going to that one alone too. I'll write later

No comments: