Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It's been awhile

It hardly seems like a week has gone by since I blogged last. It has been an uneventful week...which I am thankful for. Shannon was out on Friday to work with me for the day. It's going to be so great when she's here full time! And only two weeks to go. :) I have a few kids lined up to start - twin 3 year old boys with autism that will come Mondays and Fridays starting next week and a 9 year old girl, developmentally more like a 5 year old, that will start on the 9th - Shannon's first day. I have a couple more in the "wings" that I'm waiting to hear back from, but I'm not sure one will work out. She has severe milk, egg and peanut allergies. It scares me because that would mean, my own kids can't drink milk on the couch, or walk around with food. We would have to be so careful about preparing her food and washing all the kids hands often. I just don't think I want to constantly have that worry. The parents said her current daycare gave her canned soup once and she was a swollen turnip in the hospital for a week and almost died! That is just way too scary! We'll see I guess.

We had a good weekend, despite the weather. We went to my grandma's lake place on Saturday. We thought that would have been the nicest day of the weekend, but we were wrong. It was soooo windy! We left to go the flea market with the kids, and Isabelle got so cranky cause she was gasping air too much. So we ended up leaving after only walking a couple aisles. But oh well, it saved us some money. We went back to Grandma's and I finally got Belle calmed down. The rest of the day was nice, although windy. The kids had a great time outside. Sunday was church and a lazy day at home and Monday Jose worked outside a lot and I did laundry for 12 hours! Fun times. :) It was really nice though to have a lazy weekend together. I love when Jose's home and we can just do what we feel like.

It's hard to believe it's Tuesday already and back to work. Audri has this week and next week left of school. She's been counting down the days, but she keeps saying she's sad because then she won't see her friends every day. She really does love school. I hope it stays that way!

Isabelle has been slowly starting to work some food into her life. She's done the yummy gooey oatmeal for a few weeks now and the last couple days she's had a biter biscuit. I'll have to post some pictures of that. She really loves it, but man, what a mess! :) I had her in the high chair for the first time yesterday - luckily we have one that reclines since she can't sit up yet. So I think I'll start having her join us for meal times now to get her interested in what we're doing. I have to remind myself to do these things because she seems so young to me still. The other two were in the high chair and trying new foods at about 3-4 months, slowly of course. So because it's been so long for Belle, I kinda forget. It's hard not to compare!

Hope you're all doing well and had a great weekend!

No comments: