9 years ago
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Ahhhh.....the weekends
I love the weekends. I love having Jose home; I love nice weather; I love doing things. Saturday Jose and I did some major cleaning around the house...it's been awhile, so it needed it. I am so thankful I have a husband that helps around the house. He was scrubbing floors, cleaning the bathroom...it's just awesome! My cousin's and their significant other's - one husband, one boyfriend, came over for a bbq yesterday afternoon - so that put a flame under our butt to get some cleaning done! We joked we should have different people over one day a month to get us to clean more! :) It was so fun to have my cousin's here. We were really close as kids and kinda loss touch as teenagers, early adults, and now I think we're working on the relationship again. We are all with 3 years of each other in age, so it's a lot of fun. We're all in the education field in some way and have a lot in common - I kinda forgot that. So we ate, played with the kids, visited and then got out the singstar! I think we got them addicted to that game now too! :) I absolutely love that game and it's so fun to find other people that like to play it too - it's a great group game! They were here for like 7 hours or so and time flew. We've talked of doing it again soon, so hopefully that will happen. I had a blast! Audri had her first play day with her "best friend" from Kindergarten. Audri talks about her all the time and we've intended to have play days, but it always seems like someone's sick or something. So we figured it'd be perfect for her to come yesterday and then Audri wouldn't be bored with all the adults and the adults wouldn't get "stuck" playing barbies. :) They had a ton of fun and it was great to see Audri enjoy herself so much. One negative thing that happened was that I was running to the store quick before everyone came over and I noticed the car was acting funny. We were told awhile ago we needed new brakes but we had some time left. Well it was acting funny enough for me to turn around and come home. I got out of the car and thought, hmm...what's burning. It was our car! There was smoke coming out of the back tires and it smelt like burnt rubber. So I was thankful I turned around and didn't keep going, but of course disappointed that another "money" situation has come up. So we made arrangements to get my dad's truck and to bring out car in on Monday. Jose then remembered this morning that he had the emergency brake on in the van! Yeah, so I was driving with the emergency brake on...not sure what kind of damage was done yet. Jose forgot he put it on and so didn't tell me, and we've never used it, so the thought never even crossed my mind. It didn't even cross his mind yesterday when it happened - only this morning when he went out to move the truck and it felt like the brake was on there did he go OH did I have the brake on in the van?! And sure enough... oh well...what can you do? He's off doing guy stuff with his friend this afternoon. That'll be good for him to be outside being active and hanging out with his buddy - he doesn't do that kinda stuff very often and he's naturally a very energetic person, so he needs that time. It's hard for me to "sacrifice" my time with him on the weekends because we barely see each other during the week. So I tend to be selfish and not want him to be gone on the weekends. But he totally deserves that time away to have fun and relax too. So the kids are sleeping and I'm enjoying the quiet sunshine and folding laundry hoping he runs home and says I just couldn't be away from you! No, just kidding. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jesi -
Thanks for sharing your husband. we had fun today, good to be out in the sun on a beauteous day.
-matt
Post a Comment