Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stuff

Audri was gone all day yesterday...my first taste of what it will be like next year in first grade. The whole kindergarten class had an all day field trip to the arboretum. She was so excited! I packed her a lunch and she was ready to go. She left at 7:30 and was back at 3:30. That's a long time! She had a great time and was completely exhausted. It was funny to me to have her gone all day and realize how much she helps out. Normally I'll say Audri, can you run and get... Audri, can you hand me the... Audri, give this to.... etc. So now that I realize how much I make her help at 5 years old, hopefully I can back off a bit. I know it comes with the territory of being the first born, but I really want her to just be a 5 year old too. She loves helping and thrives on being good, but I don't want to over do it!
So apparently it's finally my turn to be sick. All day yesterday I had a sore throat and this morning, that's gone, but my head is all stuffed up. My neck is sore from swollen glands and my ears and head hurt from the pressure. I haven't been sick in forever. Not at all while pregnant and I can't remember much before either...so it's been a long time. It's still manageable and hopefully I'll just fight it off before it gets worse so I can continue to work. And hopefully I can keep it from getting to the kids too.
We found out we are getting a tax refund this year. Since I'm self employed, we weren't sure if Jose had paid enough in for us to get a refund. We owe a little bit from 2006 too so we figured if we did get money back it would go towards that. But because of the stimulus checks, we are still getting a pretty good amount even after paying what we owed. Feels good to know that debt to them is taken care of and that money is on it's way! Someone in the family also made a deal and borrowed us a good amount of money too, so I think the financial situation should be resolving in the next few weeks! Man that's a lot of pressure off of us. And a reminder that God knows and will take care of us too. Why do I waste time worrying when He always figures it out for me? Not sure, but I'm am sure that it will continue to be that way, unfortunately. :( Part of being human I guess.
So there's a little update....how are you?

No comments: