9 years ago
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Frustrations
Our money situation just slapped me in the face today. It's weird because last Sunday Jose and I had a great experience at church that created a good conversation for the two of us. We both were really feeling the need to start fully trusting in God and tithing. We've always given some, but Jose started really feeling like we needed to focus more on the 10%. Our church has been talking a lot about how what we have really isn't ours anyway. So we talked about starting committing to God and our church and giving back. That's a scary revelation to have because money is so tight right now, and 10% works out to be a big amount. At the same time it's empowering to commit in that way - and it was a bonding experience for Jose and I to share in that call. So anyway, today our phone and internet was turned off. I have 8 kids in my house and no way to contact anyone or for anyone to contact me! I was able to push a button to speak to our phone company and luckily they had received a payment today and it was turning back on. About 5 minutes after our phone is back on our mortgage company calls - we're way too far behind in this and the calls are constant (as I write, they called again). I didn't answer that one because I get tired of trying to explain and having rude people talk to me - though I understand they want their money. Another few minutes go by and the car people call to make sure the payment was made for that. Jose takes care of our bills for the most part. He keeps the checkbook and pays things when we can. Because of this, I really don't know when we payed a bill, when we can pay a bill, etc. But I'm the one who has to deal with these people calling all day long. We are making the money we need to pay our bills, but we are so far behind - from maternity leave, from the hospital stays and doctor appointments, from the county not paying me for some of the children at the daycare...that I just don't know how we're going to get caught up. This has happened to us in the past and God has always provided a way to get out of it and it all works out, but we're farther behind this time and it's hard not to get stuck in the worry. If you could please pray for me and my worry, for Jose and the pressure he must be feeling, and pray for the financial situation, that it will all get figured out someway or another. Thanks for checking in with us and for praying - it makes me feel better knowing there are people out there! It's nice to connect to people - and this is my way of doing that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
(((((hugs, Jes!)))) I've been following your blog since you started it and this post really touched me. We have been (am still not really out of) those same shoes. I know how stressful it is and how hard it is to enjoy simple everyday things with financial stuff hanging over your head every minute. I can only imagine how much harder it is with all the specialist stuff for Isabel(le?) on top of it. I will be thinking about and praying for you guys.
Post a Comment