9 years ago
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Stress, stress and more stress
So it's 4pm and I just got back from our 11am appointment...yeah all day! I left at 9am, drove to downtown Minneapolis to get to the appointment by 10:45am. I hate driving downtown - I always get lost. I did pretty good this time - I had my dad on the phone with me. He grew up there and knows it so well. So he got me there nicely. At the appointment I met the neurologist - very nice man. He played with her awhile, asked a bunch of questions, went through her chart and talked to me for quite awhile. It's pretty rare to find a doctor that will sit down and just talk. They're usually rush rush. He says there's three scenarios he sees - an obvious problem, an obvious normal development and the third - which is where Isabelle falls - the mixed messages. On one hand she is very alert and smiley and on the other hand her motor skills are not where they should be. So he ran off a long list of tests he would like to do. He didn't name any disorders, conditions, etc. just tests. One test that remains to be scheduled is an MRI. Because of her age she will need to be sedated. So then he sent us across the skyway to Children's hospital to get the blood work done. I finally find my way to where I was supposed to be and ended up waiting about a half hour. Then we get into the room and they tell me they don't have the tubing they need for one of the tests and can I come back tomorrow. To which I not so politely answered NO! The lab girl called the doctor and they decided to do all the work they could and then instructed me to take her to a clinic close to me as soon as possible to get the rest done. So they then poked her, and I thought they were done - to which they said - we didn't get enough and will poke the other arm. So they poked again and her just fed tummy couldn't take the crying so she threw up. She then started choking and they didn't want to stop the good blood flow they had so I had to watch her choke for what felt like forever before I could pick her up. Then it's off to go home - which I was supposed to be home already for her meeting with the school district. Luckily I asked Jose to be home, just in case, so he was able to meet with them. I got lost again trying to get out of downtown, and my dad again had to direct me out. Luckily Isabelle is such a good baby and only cried when they poked her and other then that slept and cooed. So now I'm home and Jose left right away to go to work because they called about 4 times while I was gone. Next is to get the MRI scheduled and the re-visit with our neurologist in 3 weeks to go over all the results. I have to get her into a lab to get the rest of the blood drawn and make a physical appointment before the MRI so they can make sure she's able to go through sedation safely. We also have the appointment with the ear,nose, throat doctor on the 22nd which we will decide whether to do tubes. I have to call the school district to set up the meeting to create Belle's IEP - today's meeting was just to go over her test scores, so now we need to meet again! Can I just take a second to scream.......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Thanks. This is my last week of school so I have all my final papers and projects to get done as well. Not sure how I'm going to keep it all together! Alright, well anyway - that's the update as of now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dont worry it will all get done some how. Every Semester of graduate school i have thought that it will never get done, but somehow it always does. So try and take a deep breath.
Post a Comment