Monday, April 28, 2008

Isabelle's Dedication











We had a great day yesterday, despite the weather. Isabelle's dedication went well and was very special. Belle was perfect during church, letting the pastor hold her and walk the aisle, sleeping during the sermon - couldn't ask for more! It was so great to have the church and Pastor Brett pray for us and her. It was emotional for me. Most of you know that Isabelle's middle name DeAnn is after my Grandpa (Dwight Emery =De) and Ann after my Grandma. Grandpa passed away last June and the church yesterday sang one of his favorite hymns Great is Thy Faithfulness. Halfway through the hymn I stopped singing and heard his voice. Not sure how to explain it, but I think it's his way or God's way of letting me know he was there with me. He had a beautiful, booming voice and it was clear as a bell. I was hoping I would feel him there with us yesterday. The same thing happened to me at our family reunion last August - we had a church service and I heard him singing along with us that day too. We ate at Perkins afterwards and had a nice time. As expected, it was refreshing to me to have a day of joy for her when I tend to spend most of my time worrying! And I was thankful to have felt Grandpa's presence.
Audri and Isaiah are starting to feel better. They both have stuffy noses and coughs, but mom's a pro at helping them kick it! Audri gets to go to school finally today and have her school birthday, so she's very excited about that. So far so good with Isabelle - we've upped her nebulizer treatments to hopefully help her fight it off. She has a bit of a runny nose, so... cross your fingers!
Thanks to those that came to share yesterday with us!









1 comment:

Matt and Kristi said...

Thanks for inviting us! Charlotte had a great time (us too) and she's still digesting that "Big Ten Breakfast!"