9 years ago
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Recap
I was just looking through my blogs and realized that those of you who I have not talked to in awhile may not really know the symptoms that Isabelle has and why we're concerned. All I've talked about are her appointments, not really what's going on. So I thought I'd take a minute to go over her 5 months of life and what she's been dealing with. The first issue was at her 2 month visit when they found a heart murmur. We had to see the pediatric cardiologist and they found a PDA. They are hoping it will close on its own, but if not she will have it fixed when she's 2. (It is still there as of last week) The next issue was the first week in February when she was hospitalized for RSV. We were in the hospital for 6 days, she was on oxygen and an IV. I then started noticing how she didn't hold her head up yet like the other kids did at her age. The doctor just said she's probably a little slower developing, being the third child etc. At her 4 month check up the doctor finally started seeing what I was seeing and realized that she has very low muscle tone -hypotonia - and is not developing how she should. She cannot hold her head up, her arms and legs are very weak and do not support weight. She suggested having her evaluated by the school district as a first step. She was evaluated and qualifies for therapy with them. She did not score very well in any area - gross motor, fine motor, language, cognitive, or social. Belle was hospitalized again for 4 days over Easter with pneumonia - on oxygen and an IV again. She has had ear infections and fluid since February as well. Our doctor then suggested the neurologist to further figure out what is causing these symptoms. So that's basically where we're at today. We're waiting on the neurologist results and our next step, getting tubes in the ears, and planning therapies with the school district. I hope that helps any that may not have known understand what's up. Any more questions, feel free to ask - it's nice to talk about it to people who care! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment