Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another normal test result!

I forgot to mention yesterday that Isabelle was in to see her pediatrician for her pre-op physical - for her tubes on Friday. We also found out that the pyruvate test came back normal. Which is more good news. I'm not exactly sure how to explain what that rules out, but from what I understand pyruvate is an enzyme found in red blood cells that helps change glucose to energy when oxygen is low. If you do not have enough of this substance, red blood cells break down faster than normal. That's the only info I could really find online. Maybe my almost doctor friends Matt and Kristi can post a response if they know a better way to explain. :) Isabelle did end up with a cold. Her nose is very stuffy and she's sneezing a lot. The doctor says her lungs sound good as of now, so we upped her nebs and put her on an antibiodic - because both ears still were yucky - to hopefully prevent it from getting any worse. We're hoping to keep this cold from needing treatment beyond what we can do at home! If she's not better, or doing worse on Friday we will have to reschedule the surgery.

No comments: