9 years ago
Friday, May 8, 2009
What a long day
I left yesterday at 7:45am. I didn't get to the dr office until 9:15! Went great until I got to Louisana Avenue and 394 - stop and go the rest of the way. So I was 15 minutes late for the appointment and I hate being late! They got her all hooked up by 10:30. The first thing they said to me is you shouldn't have to spend the night; we'll probably let our night people let you go by 10 since you need to be hooked up for 12 hours. Um..what? The lady on the phone didn't say anything about no 12 hours. Audri had her school program at 7, not to mention I brought nothing for myself to do and just wasn't mentally prepared for 12 hours! But what can you do? So they got her all hooked up and we settled in with the toys. They watched her from another room and would come in periodically to see if we needed anything. She took a couple short naps - we were up a lot the night before the test and didn't figure out why until we got there and I noticed her ear was draining from an ear infection. So both of us were tired, and I tried to sleep when she did, but it didn't work out well. So then I started thinking, how is this super tired mom with a possible sleep disorder going to drive over an hour home after 10pm? Hmm... I had them talk to the dr about us going home earlier. They wanted us to just sleep there because they really wanted to catch a "spell" on video since they were videotaping while we were there too. So we compromised that we could leave at 7pm instead. The machine had a button that I would push when I thought I noticed a little facial spell or whatever. I pushed it twice, but other then that she really didn't do much. So after more talk with the dr they decided to send us home with an ambulatory EEG. She is still connected to all the wires and there's a computer in a backpack she wears that records everything. So I left just in time to get to Audri's program. I hate missing that stuff, so that made me happy. So now we're home and she's all hooked up. I have some pictures I'll put up soon. After the program we got the kids to bed and I fell asleep instantly, so there has not been time yet. Belle slept through the night last night, which was fantastic cause I didn't think she would. My plan is to work her hard today to try and induce a "spell." After physical therapy is when I notice things the most because she gets worked so hard, so I'll do my own version and try to get something recorded. Then we bring the machine back tomorrow morning unless we get nothing recorded again and they want to do another day. But I'll probably push for not another day because if nothing happened in 48 hours I doubt we have anything to worry about. We'll see I guess
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment