Talked to the nurse earlier today and she said the tech called in sick again today so the Dr was unable to get the information he needed. She said she will try to still get ahold of her and either way would get back to me by this evening before she leaves. Well she left and didn't call me! Just like yesterday, I had to call them and track a live person down to find out what evolved throughout the day. The lady I talked to this evening said that if this tech happens to be gone again tomorrow that she will personally talk to the dr to see what we can do in the meantime. I explained that this is a kinda important thing to just be pushing it out days and making us wait for results and our next step. So I better hear from someone tomorrow or they aren't going to hear a very nice me.
She saw her developmental pediatrician today for a check up. She got more straps put on her braces, so hopefully she can now wear them without them falling off every 5 minutes. They want me to add speech and occupational therpay into her routine and since the school district wants to wait and doesnt' think it's necessary says I should look into taking her to a therapy center. I was thinking of doing this anyway, because her therapy at home is becoming less and less of a help for Belle because there's only so much they can do at my house without equipment. They seem to be doing the same things a lot and just playing mostly - and not playing in a way that uses her gross motor skills. So I'll be looking into pediatric therapy centers in my area that can do all three areas. I believe there's one in waconia - since I'd have to drive about 40 minutes I'll try to get all three therapies scheduled on the same day so I only have to drive it once - that's the plan anyway. So hopefully this new helper works out well because I think I'll be leaving the house more regularly now.
I'll let you know how it all goes down tomorrow - if I hear news or if they get an earful from me
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment