Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and more

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed being a mom and/or celebrating your own mom. I had the greatest weekend. It was full of deep conversations with my husband and family members, relaxing time at home, and fun family errands. Jose and I spent a lot of time just talking this weekend. It's something we don't get to do often because of his schedule, the kids, and me being tired, so it was most needed.

I spent some time at my parents going through photo albums because I'm working on a project and then had a great talk with Dad. He was in much better spirits. Mom started paying even more attention then she was and realized he had been over dosing on medications often. He'd take his pills then set out for the next day and then awhile later think he had forgotten to take them for that day and take them again. So the throwing up and feeling so lethargic, etc was probably due to that. So they started a new system of making sure he writes down what he took right after he took it so he can remember and she can keep tabs on what he's doing. It was nice to see him up and around, dressed, and wanting to visit.

Belle finished up her EEG test Saturday morning and we brought it back to the cities for the Dr to read through it all. Hopefully in a couple days they said they'd get back to me. Today I took her to the pediatric rehab center in Waconia to be evaluated for speech, occupational and physical therapy. She qualified for physical and occupational therapy. The speech therapist just called to say she actually scored within age range for speech and will not need therapy. They will retest her in about 7 months to see at that point if there is reason to begin therapy. 2 years old is a common age for children to be tested and begin therapy, it's hard for children under 2 to qualify because there isn't much language to begin with. So it will take about 2 weeks to work with the insurance company to approve it and then we will schedule. Her PT that she does now on Mondays will be done by the same lady at the clinic too - she works for both. So she said she'd schedule her in with her and then still continue to come to the house too - so she'll be getting PT twice a week now. And then she will get OT on the same day she goes in for PT. The place was great and Belle had a great time - I'm so excited for the opportunity for her to work with all that new stuff and the staff there seemed great too.

Dad had his MRI finally today and the CAT scan. They will meet with the DR tomorrow to find out the results and begin their next steps - so tomorrow's a big day for news. We've all been very anxious to get the tests over with and hear what they say.

We finally made it back to church on Sunday - it's been a few months. That was part of our lengthy conversation this weekend between Jose and I was our feelings on church, raising our children, our relationship with each other and with God, etc. It felt so good to reconnect with him this way and to get back on track with getting to church. Life is so overwhelming for me a lot of the time and I always find an excuse to not go. Living with anxiety is no fun and it stops me from doing a lot of things I really want to do but can't get myself too. So I pray that all the talking Jose and I did will get us back on the right track for good now.

Now for some pictures:


The kids and I at church on Mother's Day


We went for a long walk Sunday afternoon - Belle's first time in the wagon. She thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Toby is still learning to walk at my side without pulling - he's getting better.

That's Audri way up there - she was too cool to walk with her old parents and siblings. :)

1 comment:

Willow S. said...

Happy Mothers day! Seems like you had a good day. Me too.