Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dad

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/steveemery

Just to remind you, this is my Dad's caring bridge site. It's easier to send everyone here for updates since my mom writes them and they're more accurate. Keep this link in your favorites and check in regularly for updates.

He had his MRI and Cat scan yesterday. The cancer has spread to his back, some on his spine (but not the spinal cord) and lymph nodes near his lungs. His PSA levels are still rising but he has been on a medication to bring this down for a couple weeks and it takes awhile to start working, so they are hoping for it to go down soon. They will see the radiologist dr tomorrow to set that up. Most likely they will do the radiation to hopefully lessen the pain for Dad and then they will leave on their trip for a few weeks. When he gets back they will re check the PSA levels and if they are still high they will do chemo. Chemo is the last resort. And they said they know they cannot get rid of it, they can only hope to slow it down.

I heard from Belle's Dr today and he said he should get to her EEG test today or tomorrow and get back to me. So hopefully soon we'll have answers there too.

It's all just a bit much for me...I have my sleep study Sunday/Monday....I start class Monday....We leave for Mayo clinic next Thursday...I just want to sit and let life stop. Everything cannot still be going on like normal.

1 comment:

Willow S. said...

some times when life moves really ast i just stop and breath. The breathing seems to slow things down and gives me a clarity and time to focus on what might be the best rout/or option for the situation. I dont know if that will help but it works for me. Take care Well keep you guys in our prayers.