So the Dr. has declared it's not seizures that Belle is experiencing. Great news! There really isn't a clear answer as to what the weird movements are, however. So add one more puzzle to the bunch. He gave me a couple names of some movement disorders. They can be outgrown as the child gets older. He says just to watch them and if they change or anything to give him a call. He is also sending everything we did these last couple weeks to Mayo so when we go down there on Thursday we can talk to that Dr about it all too. I did find out that some metabolic disorders can have this movement disorder he was talking about - so it still could give our Dr at Mayo something to move forward with.
She is consistently walking all over now. More often walking then not. Still very unstable and has a wide base in her legs and arms for support, but she does not have a limit of how long she can walk now as far as steps. Just until she bumps something, something bumps her or she gets nervous. It's so cute to watch her, and just plain exciting each time we see her do it. I'll get a video soon.
Dad will start 5 days of radiation tomorrow. This spot was not as bad as the hip was and only needs 5 days instead of 10. Then they'll give him a week or so to make sure he's feeling well enough and they'll leave for their trip sometime after Memorial weekend. One thing I found out yesterday that I did not know was that a few months ago his PSA was 3 (normal), a month ago it was in the 70's - high, this week it was in the 130's!! very high. So that's not good to hear - I knew it had gone up, but not that much. Please pray for the wisdom of the doctors and that my dad can experience less pain and discomfort so they can go and enjoy their trip together.
I had a hard day with it all yesterday. It comes and goes. It was triggered by Belle seeing the pictures scrolling through on my computer and pointing to a picture of Dad and saying "Papa" as clear as day. So cute and I was so happy and first thing was - I gotta call Dad!! Well then I started thinking how she won't remember him and the saddness that comes with that as well as how my first reaction to any news, good or bad, is I gotta call Dad and how hard that will be to not be able to....(it's hard that I have the youngest kids and to think that they won't have memories of their Grandpa since he is such a huge part of their lives now) but I did still call Dad and made his day that his youngest grandchild can now say papa. :) He is loved so much and we will enjoy it all while we can and continue to pray for a miracle.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment