Shannon got her first taste of the daycare by herself yesterday for a few hours. I had an appointment for all three kids yesterday with our pediatrician. Audri and Isaiah had their 3 and 6 year check ups and I took Belle in to talk about her heart murmur and possible food allergies. Both kids were looking great for their check ups - we talked about Audri's immune issues and she thinks maybe she's fighting allergies and is having sinus issues. She said they can cause fevers and tummy troubles at times. She said since it's not leading into other problems or more sicknesses that we should try a sinus wash when she's not feeling well to see if that helps. She said it could be possible that her body gets a fever every time it's fighting some germs - where other kids' bodies would just fight it off, hers needs to get a fever to do so. And the stomach issues could be because of her anxiety of not feeling good. So we'll see how it goes I guess. She weighed 44 pounds, but I'm not sure on her height - missed it. Isaiah is in the 3rd percentile for his height and 10 for his weight! Tiny little guy. I do believe he will be built like his daddy! :) We talked with the doc on the potty training issue and the temper stuff too. She told me to let him go around without a diaper, have him potty on himself once or twice and he'll get it really quick to go in the potty. So I may try that next weekend when we'll be home. Have him be outside and because he hates being messy, sticky or anything else I do think that will work wonders for him to realize whats happening down there! As for the temper stuff it's basically just doing what I've been doing which is helping him learn the words he needs before he gets to the point of screaming, hitting or spitting. Role playing is another good way to help him learn what it feels like to be the "victim" So we'll get there. At least I know I'm doing what I need to. So now for Isabelle. The doctor said she doesn't want to test yet and would like her to be older. So for now we are to not use the baby cereals and just keep going with veggies and fruits. I can only introduce one new food a week - which normally you can do this every 3-5 days, but with Belle we'll take it a bit slower. I will probably make a journal for her to help keep track of what she's eating and if I see any reactions. She has been having some bad eczema on her face but we're not sure if it's food or outdoor issues. I asked the dr. about her sweating, breathing fast and how exhausted she gets if she's worked hard or cries for too long. She ended up taking an xray of her heart to check the size. Those xrays are brutal for mommy - it's a little bicycle seat with a plastic casing that closes around her with her arms up over her head. Hard to see your baby all smooshed up like that and then they scream and scream and look at you like "why aren't you picking me up!" She does think her heart's working too hard, but the size of her heart has not seemed to increase as of now. But she told me to call the cardiologist and get her in sooner to talk about the symptoms. She thinks they will probably do the surgery sooner instead of waiting until she's 2 like they would like to. I'm having a hard time with all this as of today. It's just so overwhelming and I worry so much. It's not easy to hear your baby's heart is over working and making it harder for her to breathe and wearing her out. So I will call today and see what the wait is for an appointment. No word on the chromosome testing yet, but they swore to me they'd call me right away and we'd get an appointment with them too. So that's the update on the kids. I'm still working on the post that had all the zoo pictures and stuff. I may just have to try uploading them again...not sure.
**Update - I just spoke with the cardiologist and she is being seen in Minneapolis on Monday. I explained the symptoms and they were going to do it on July 7th, then we talked some more and she changed her mind and said to come in Monday afternoon. I may have to have my heart checked after all these worries...
***Update II - The neurologist clinic just called and her chromosome test came back normal!! Woohoo!! So the next step for that is the referral to Mayo Clinic. They send all her information to them, they review it and will notify me of the date/time of our appointment. This could take a couple weeks they said. I will keep you updated! Man a lot of information to take in in one day!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment