Life has gotten so busy lately. Shannon started this week and it's been great - but we are finding out that that many kids in my house is insane! Right now we have 11 kids with 2 more probably starting in the next couple weeks. I love having her here and it's going very smoothly, but man that's a lot of kids! But I am happy that we are able to get that many kids to make this financially successful for both of us.
Tonight is Audri's friend sleepover for her birthday. She invited 5 friends from school and her 2 cousins. I know of 2 friends that are coming that are not sleeping over - just coming for a few hours tonight and 2 friends and her cousins are sleeping over. One friend didn't RSVP so I'm not sure if she'll be here or not. They are coming at 5 - and I will still have daycare kids until 6:30! Should be interesting. We have pizza and snacks, cake and games planned for tonight and tomorrow I am hoping they'll play outside after breakfast for most of the time. The two friends will go home at 11 and the cousins are staying because the family party for Audri and Isaiah is at 3 (Audri is 6 on the 20th, and Isaiah is 3 on the 23rd) on Saturday - not quite sure what I was thinking planning both for the same weekend, other then June is so busy it was hard to squeeze them in. It will be nice to have them both done then to have it be two weekends of parties. So then the whole family comes out at 3 on Saturday for the party. We also have a bbq planned after the party for my immediate family and Jose's parents. They are staying with us for the night - after 7 years of marriage we have finally convinced them to stay at our house instead of a hotel - which because of Winstock they weren't able to find and weren't going to come! :) Church on Sunday - which is a special outdoor service at the park, lunch and they will head back to Iowa. Needless to say I will be exhausted and not ready for Monday morning to come along. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures to post after the weekend! Have a great one
9 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, that sounds busy. Are you familiar with the newspaper cartoon "Cathy"?
http://ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/CathyTaxCloseness.gif
Reading this post reminded me of her cartoons where she starts out calm and as many things add up, she gets frantically busy, Ahhh! Your kids are fortunate to have such a dedicated mom.
Post a Comment