Monday, July 7, 2008

The weekend and Mayo clinic

Why do weekends go so fast? Friday we watched the big parade in Delano (Isabelle cried at all the fire trucks and Isaiah plugged his ears. Audri cried at the dogs). We then went to the carnival. The kids went on a couple rides and I even went on an old time favorite - The Scrambler- with my sister! We came home cleaned and rested up and did our weekly shopping. Saturday was my birthday and I got the new singstar from the kids so I spent the morning playing that. We then packed the kids up and they went to Grandma's for her to watch them while Jose, Jen and I went to the Taste of Minnesota. Mommy wasn't so sure about leaving Belle, but she did pretty good with only a couple times of Grandma dealing with a screaming baby. There were a couple rock bands playing for free that we wanted to see. So we drove out to Harriet Island for that. Jose talked me into going on a ride with him - it went up super high and then dropped you straight down. I thought all three of us were doing it - my sister and I are chickens - and then she backed out at the last minute but I still went because Jose was so excited and the carney guy wouldn't let me back down. I was so scared! It went quick though and I lived! I cried a little and my hands shook and legs wobbled for about 5 minutes after I got off - not exaggerating! My sister tried to video tape it, but it didn't work. She said we went up forever and then all she heard was a blood curdling scream (me!). Yeah, never again Jose! Then we went to the stage to get a good spot - it was outside so we wanted to get close to see. We were almost as far up as you could go and had to stand forever before the opening band started. They played, then the first main band (Finger Eleven)came out. Finally at the end they played their hit song from the radio and the crowd got insane. We found ourselves in the midst of a mosh pit and getting shoved all over the place! I hate crowds and we were shoulder to shoulder in hot/humid weather and had been standing for over 2 hours by this point. So that band was done and the last band (Seether) was even bigger and heavier so we decided to get out of the front because we were getting scared! Both my sister and I had thoughts of someone pulling a knife or something. The drummer of the second band was throwing his drum sticks out in the crowd for souveniers and a fight broke out over one right next to us! So we decided we were too old for rock concerts and left the crowd! Plus we were hot and sweaty and were sore from standing, jumping and dancing for so long. So we drug Jose out of there - not sure he wanted to leave - and left. We picked the kids up and went home and pretty much fell right asleep! Sunday we spent the day cleaning and rearranging the house. Since the daycare is growing we needed to make more room, so our bed is now upstairs and sharing with Isabelle and the downstairs room is game room for the bigger kids. A room where they can go and do things without worry that the little kids will get into their stuff. It's a place where they can play or watch movies while the little kids nap. It's also a place for Jose to play with his friends! :) Our living room has just one couch in it now, which really opened it up and allows more room for growth in the kitchen area too for mealtimes. I really like it and I hope it goes well sharing with Isabelle. I don't have to be scared of the enormous spiders that live down there crawling all over me at night! We kept so busy this weekend that Monday did not come with a happy welcome. I'm working on a 6 page paper for class and can't seem to focus well. I've been dealing with the county on getting paid correctly for like 4 of our kids and they're not cooperating well. Then I get all the paperwork for Belle's appointment for Mayo clinic today and find out that we will need to plan for an average of 3-6 days there. I am excited the appointment is soon - July 28 - but finding the funds and arranging schedules, etc is so stressful for me. I always over think and worry and have to plan it out to a "T" and it's hard to do that when you don't know exactly how long it'll be for. So far I know that Shannon will keep the daycare up and running for me and instead of paying her more - and losing money for us - she will work for paid vacation days. We had planned that she not get paid for any days she needs off, but since she's going to stay here and work open to close while I'm gone then she deserves something! The other option is for Jose to be here and open/close and when Shannon's here he can go to work. But I'm not sure I want to do the trip to Rochester myself and have all that time with testing, waiting around, etc. Anyone want to come with me?? Not sure yet and it's bothering me that I can't get it figured out right now, since that's the way I function. So anyway, there's the updates on all that - I have some pictures from the weekend that I will work on getting posted soon!

No comments: