Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Quiet!

Jose took Audri to the park to play with her cousins, Isaiah and Belle are sleeping....it's really quiet. I must say that I am enjoying only hearing the buzz of the refrigerator at the moment! Not much going on around here to report. Yesterday we did some shopping - I went to my favorite store - Lakeshore Learning. It's a teacher store and I always just walk around in awe of the stuff. It's hard for me not to buy everything! I picked up some new stuff for the daycare and made a mental note of stuff I want someday. (Always a great gift for me - a gift card to this store!) **hint, hint** We went to the thrift store too - they have a nice, big one in St. Louis Park, so we got a few movies, kids picked out a toy, Jose got some brand name jeans for like $6. Good stuff! I have two new kids starting tomorrow so I needed more mats for nap time. We will have 13 kids on Mondays and 11 kids the rest of the week. So crazy. I have an ad in the paper right now looking for one more preschool age and 3 school age. No more little ones! I have 10 kids in diapers now! Time for some serious potty training. My sister also wrote an article about me and 2 other daycare for the life of a home daycare provider (Providing children with a home away from home is the title). It'll be in the paper tomorrow I believe. I think you should be able to find it at http://www.delanoheraldjournal.com/. She also writes weekly articles and other ones - Jen Bakken is her name. Check out her writing. She does a great job.
We're having a bbq with the family after they get back from the ball field. Spur of the moment but should be fun. It's nice to have everyone together and our house is in the middle of everyone's and we have the set up for the kids in the basement, etc so we usually end up hosting. We don't mind - it's fun to have everyone over. Plus with Isabelle it's so much easier to have it here versus packing her up to go somewhere else! Speaking of, I think I have the Mayo clinic stuff figured out. Jose will take Monday off and we'll all go down. We can call the Ronald McDonald house (free room and board except for a $10/night donation) when we get there - they do not accept reservations. If they happen to be full they will help you find a hotel at a discount. So nice! Then we will have our appointment, figure out how long we'll be there and Jose will probably come back up with the kids so Shannon doesn't have to open/close the daycare, he can do that and then go to work. Then they will come get us when we're all done. The McDonald house has a bunch of guest rooms and community kitchens, play rooms, computers, etc. They have a shuttle to the clinic and stuff too, so I should be fine by myself. It'll save money to have the kitchen too. So that's the plan on that - I feel much better about it all. Hopefully we won't have to be down there long. Alright, Belle's awake now and I should get ready for the crew coming over to eat. Wish me luck on the gazillion kids that'll be in my house this week! :)

No comments: