Thursday, July 31, 2008

Daycare woes...

So the parent I referred to in one of my last posts (the one who likes to yell at me) decided to pull her granddaughter whom she has custody of. I wrote the letter home explaining how Isabelle's tests went, and how if they find something we will need to go back down. I also said as of September 2nd I will no longer take children past 6pm - over a month's notice, mind you. This child is here until almost 7 every night and gets here at 7 every morning. It was just too much. She called me that night and put her two weeks notice and basically hung up - didn't leave a second for me to say anything. Hasn't really said much to me since. Now, this woman is in her late 50's and a marriage and family counselor. I just don't understand some people sometimes. I really don't mind if she pulls her and leaves, other then it's about $500 a month we'll lose now, but I do take everything so personally and don't want it to be because she's upset with me. This carries into my every day life - I care so much about what others think of me to a point where I don't act like myself in fear they won't like me. I won't say things and the things I do say I over analyze later wondering if a person thought something of me. Anyway, so I'm relieved she's leaving because of the difficult grandma and the late hours, but it is hard to have them leave due to unhappiness. I guess it's good practice for when I have the center someday - I can't please everyone I just need to learn.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Hang in there! You know you've done the right thing for your family and your business, and I know the universe will reward you by bringing you a new family who appreciates you!! :o)