Friday, August 29, 2008

The results

Mayo clinic called today. The nurse said that all tests came back within normal range so there can be no diagnosis made for Isabelle. She will be dictating a letter of all the results and I'll get that in a couple weeks. She wants to see Belle again when she's 12 months - end of November. I was hit with mixed feelings. I was glad to hear that there was no scary reason or diagnosis. I was glad they couldn't find major issues. But it then started to sink in that, again, this was not my end of the road. I was hoping for this to be my answer; for them to say this is what's wrong and here's what we do about it. So the tests and doctors visits will continue... It really is a good thing that can't find something, I understand this. It's hard to explain my feelings of wanting an answer and hope of fixing it. She is diagnosed with hypotonia (low muscle tone) and developmental delay as of now. I have been coming across situations where I've had to explain why Isabelle is the way she is and people don't understand the general diagnosis she's given. I had it at the ER once with her, at WIC this week and a couple times in public where people have assumed she can sit up and let her almost fall or say things like, well she should be sitting up soon then. When I explain the developmental delay they always ask well why is she delayed? So hard to explain.

Open house was last night for school. The kids met their teachers, saw their rooms and dropped off their supplies. Both are excited for school to start. Isaiah didn't want to leave his room and walked right in and said Hi Mrs. Pam!! Audri walked in and started sucking her fingers and wouldn't say a word to her teacher - she really is a mini-me. She takes awhile to warm up and talk to people she doesn't know. I'm thankful it's Friday and it's a three day weekend! We'll be getting hair cuts, going garage saleing, going to Hannah's 7th bday party and getting some house stuff done.

No comments: