Saturday, August 23, 2008

Answering some questions

So to answer some questions I've been asked lately:

Isabelle is doing well. She is eating better and learning to pick up cheerios and such. She loves her fruits and is not loving the veggies. Pretty typical! :) I still have concerns with some food allergies - she reacts weird to certain foods. She has her 9 month check up on the 4th so I will talk to her pediatrician about it then. She is still progressing with her large motor skills. She can sit up for a very short period on her own - only if she's distracted with a toy. She can stand up for a few minutes now, leaning on a table or us holding her sides. She is still not pushing up or using her arms. Her therapist tried a new test with her where they make her act like she will fall face first. A typical baby will put their arms out to catch themselves, Belle does not. She would just let her face hit the ground and puts her arms back. She still tires very quickly when she works hard at something. I'm sure there's more tricks she's up to that I'm forgetting. I called Mayo clinic yesterday afternoon and all they could tell me was that it looked like all her tests are back in but the Dr has to look at them and get back to us. I will post as soon as I hear something.
Audri starts 1st grade on September 2nd. She's very excited. Isaiah will have preschool Monday and Wednesday mornings starting on the 8th. He can hardly contain himself when we talk about school and riding the bus. :)
Jose is working his tail off at work and getting frustrated. A raise and remote access (so he can work from home) has been mentioned again, but they have mentioned this 3 times since Belle was first in the hospital and nothing has happened yet. He works a minimum of 10 hours but usually more. Then often he gets home and they call him and need him to come back or walk them through a solution over the phone. So the remote access would allow him to not have to go back in which would be so nice!
I am enjoying my time without homework. We have 2 part time kids leaving in a couple weeks and going to a new daycare, and 2 kids going down to before and after school. I'm looking forward to school to change things up a bit. I have another ad in the paper to fill our open spots - not that we want more kids, but the money would be nice. :) So we have 11 kids every day now, with two gone all day for school, one gone 4 afternoons a week for preschool, and one gone 2 mornings a week for preschool. It always helps to break up the days like that.
So how are you?

No comments: