Things keep changing at a rapid pace. It's hard to keep up and even harder to write it out. Jose finally quit his job mid-March. It was a decision we thought and prayed over and had peace with it. About two weeks after he quit, the company went under, switched names and moved to a new location. It was and is a very messy situation and we are so happy he is out of it. He had no income for about a month and is now on unemployment. He was able to get it since the work environment was hostile. It looks as though I am going back to work and Jose will be taking over the daycare for the time being. He is unsure what he wants to do now and I have been wanting to work outside the home again for quite some time. I have two strong job leads. One is a toddler teacher for KinderCare. It is a room that has been without a lead teacher for almost two years and needs someone to come in and revamp the room and get the curriculum going again. Right up my alley. The other one (my favorite) is with the YWCA. Also a toddler teacher, this time it's a supervising teaching position. It is my room where I hire staff and run it. I am very excited about this one as the hours are 7-3 and has more responsibility within. KinderCare is working on my references and I have a second interview with the YWCA on Tuesday. Both are about an hour's drive from home. The YWCA I would use park and ride public transportation since it's downtown. I should know in a week or two which route I'll be going!
We have been without insurance since Jose quit and the county is taking it's time in getting us on MNCare. Could be June. I had to quit attending my eating disorder clinic and Belle her therapy in the mean time. It has not been good for me as I was just getting to the group sessions where the most work is done. But I am hoping when life stabilizes (again) I can get back in. Since Belle has been making such huge strides, we may just hold of on putting her back in therapy when insurance kicks back in. Because I'll be at a new job and Jose the daycare, we may not be able to get her there once a week. She will still have the school district come work with her once a month, but we'll see what we can work out for the private therapies.
This is a bittersweet decision for sure. Pros and cons in both my going to work or staying home as well as Jose doing daycare. It'll be a lesson in taking it a day at a time and not getting too far ahead of ourselves. Since I naturally worry and stress out I've been working on "one day at a time" as my dad would always say. Why worry about tomorrow when that only ruins today?
Foster care is on hold until we figure out what is in store financially. We want to make sure our lives are stable before we open our doors to these families.
Jose is in Iowa having a guys' weekend. One is graduating from college so they're all hanging out. He needs that good guy time! He has the camera with him and I know there's some pictures of the kids from the last couple months that I'll have to post later.
My mom, sister, grandma and I went to Las Vegas for 4 days in April. It was a great time. Again, I'll have to get the pictures on here.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Jesi! It's so good to hear what's going on in your lives again! I have been thinking about you guys and wondering how you're all doing. I'm glad to hear Jose got out of the sticky work situation; sounds like it was not going well for a long time. What a fun prospect for you to be working outside of the home again--a breath of fresh air I think! Can't wait to see some pictures of you guys soon.
Jesi, I'm so excited for you!! They both sound like really great opportunities, and it's wonderful that Jose is willing to step into your daycare shoes. I would love to see guys doing home daycare become more mainstream. :) Keep us posted.
Post a Comment