9 years ago
Thursday, May 13, 2010
I got the job!
YWCA called today and offered me a position and I accepted. I will be starting on the 24th. I am so excited. I really enjoyed my second interview there where I spent two hours in the classroom. I'm excited to get a position of leadership and to take on new challenges. I think it will be good for me to be out with other adults and feeling like I have a "real" job and not just babysitting. Of course with that comes, leaving my babies at home. I've become accustomed to being the one always there for them when they need me. The daycare has also been my "baby" I started it and have grown it to be successful and like the way I run it. It will be interesting to watch as Jose takes it over and makes it his own and how I handle that. He still goes back and forth as to whether he'll close the daycare and stay on unemployment until he finds something new and if he'll keep the daycare open. We'll see which way he goes I guess. The hours of my job are 7-3 and it's a salaried position with benefits and a membership to the YWCA. I'm excited to get to work out. I will take advantage of this once the new job begins to be more routine. Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations, you sound truly happy!! I'd love to hear what the YWCA acutally is... good blog topic!! I thought like the YMCA it was a workout-gym- activity facility...what are the differences between the 2... sorry, I never heard of a YWCA. I didn't know there were classrooms involved for toddlers...do parents sign their toddlers up for classes that you teach or is it a daycare while the parents workout? Sorry to sound so dumb, but the job does sound fun and interesting.
Post a Comment