Not sure why I haven't posted in so long. I guess I haven't felt like taking the time to write, or more likely there just wasn't that much going on. We signed Audri up for dance class. She will go every Tuesday starting next week for 45 minutes. They learn tap, ballet and jazz. There's one girl from her class that goes we know of for sure, but didn't see the whole list. She's very excited about it but nervous too. She doesn't like to not know things. School has been hard on her in that way. She gets so upset when she gets a question wrong or can't remember something. She's obsessed with practicing and worries a lot. Her first conference is next week so I'm going to bring it up to the teacher so she's aware. She'll get a "nice try" or a mid-line face (not a smiley face, not a frown face but a face with a straight mouth) and it's sets her off to being so anxious and upset.
Saturday we had an all day training for the daycare. My parents watched the kids for us. We left at 6:15am and got home about 6:30pm. Long day! My parents were pretty worn out. We had a good time - Jose, Shannon and I. We took some good classes that gave us some good ideas for the kids and running the daycare.
Sunday Isabelle started getting sick. Stuffy nose, wheezing, so I stayed home and Jose took the kids to church. Then he went out to help my mom with some garage stuff and came home with about 5 huge shelves for the garage and spent the rest of the day/evening in the garage organizing.
I took Belle to the doctor today because she seemed to be getting worse and her ear started draining. I had a feeling we would be back in the hospital because of her breathing, but the doctor said she heard some wheezing but that she was still getting good air throughout so to just keep up with the nebs like we have and gave her an antibiodic for her ear and a possible sinus infection. I was so anxious going there because I really didn't want to be in the hospital again, so thank God! She's sleeping now and had her first dose and I feel better knowing it's not as serious as the previous times.
I also spoke with the doctor today about the gluten free diet and if we should test her for celiac or other allergies. She said the tests are so inconsistent and come up with false negative/positives so often that it's not worth it. She wants me to just continue the diet since I think it's working and come spring when flu/cold season is over we can look more into it. It's not worth risking getting her sick during this time of year when she'll be fighting off so many things already. She said we could look at the intestinal biopsy but really the best way to figure out allergies is to re-introduce the food when they're healthy and see if they react. Then wait a couple weeks until they're healthy again and try again. If she consistently reacts then we know. If she has this with numerous flours and grains we will look into the celiac some more.
I take all three kids back on Monday for their flu shots and she'll recheck Isabelle to make sure she's on the mend from her cold and maybe a quick look at the other two to make sure their ears and lungs are ok too. Audri has not gotten any of the illnesses going around here - so that's good news! Isaiah has a cough but nothing that'll keep him down or anything.
My tupperware party is on the 11th at 2:30. I hope you all can make it! I'm not having much luck finding people that can come and it's bumming me out. I like hosting things and I like free stuff. If I get a certain amount of people to just come I get more stuff. So if you could just come and sit I'd be delighted! You don't have to order anything or book a party if you don't want. :) If you can't come but want to order, let me know and I'll get what you want so I can have credit for the order!
School starts again for me on the 13th. Hard to believe my 7 weeks off is almost up. It goes so quickly! It's an education related class, however, so I'm more excited about that. They come so much easier to me then the business and leadership ones.
I have some cute pictures and videos I want to put on here but I can't download them onto my computer because there's no more room on it! So we have another computer Jose's working on getting ready for us to use, since we use the lap top right now. I also plan on getting an external hard drive for my pictures, so hopefully soon I can get those up here.
Alright, back to the kiddos
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment