I'm writing!! I have an hour and a half to kill before I work our carnival tonight, so it's a good time. What's new with the Sturgeon's?? Well quite a bit, actually!
Jesi: I've been at the YWCA for a year and 2 months now. I really enjoy it but still long for the day when I am more in a leadership role and not in a classroom. Which I think I'm on my way to. My boss spoke with me yesterday and I was chosen to go with her to go to Orlando for a conference in November! She wants me to begin working on trainings for our staff and eventually others for our curriculum developed by the Y on anti-bias as well as help create a mentoring program. She had very good things to say about my work so far and it felt good to know that all that I put into my work is being observed and paying off!
I am working on my health as well. I have changed my eating habits and am incorporating exercise in hopes to feel better both physically and emotionally in my body. I have stopped treatment for the eating disorder temporarily for money and time management purposes. So far so good, and I have lost 10 pounds.
This Saturday marks the two year anniversary of my dad's death. My anxiety has been higher than it has this week and the dreams/nightmares are back. I miss him terribly still but I think about it less. But when I do...
Jose: Jose has been unemployed for a year and 4 months. He had an interview this week at a company called Japs-Olsen on Wednesday. It was a 3 1/2 hour interview consisting of tests, and questions! They called him within a half hour and offered him the job! The job is a lot like what he was doing at FiveStar with data programming for direct mail. This company is much larger and very professional (shirt and tie). He will be getting more money and get paid over time, which they say there is a lot of! It will be second shift, so we will need only minimal daycare each day. He's very excited but nervous to get back out there. I remember feeling that way after 4 years of doing home daycare. But it'll be so great for him and I know he'll strive.
Audri: Audri's 9 years old now. She is enjoying summer break by riding her new bike and reading. She plays with her cousins as much as possible. I can't believe she will be in 4th grade this fall! Audri is currently working on saving money for either a dog (which she has been told she will not get as we already have 2) or american girl stuff. She is beginning to do chores now and she is a very good helper with her siblings. It's amazing at how grown up she can be!
Isaiah: Isaiah is 6 years old now. He is enjoying his summer break by playing video games as much as his parents will allow and playing at the park. He will be in 1st grade in the fall, though we considered holding him back. His teacher felt he was ready for 1st, but I was concerned about his social skills and impulsive behaviors. He was starting to have issues with the other kids at school. I've decided to keep him in 1st because we are taking him in for some evaluations and assessments at Fraser. I think if he can get an IEP (I'm suspecting ADHD or some other impulsive disorder) he will get more help at school and have more success. His aggression and anger seems to have gotten worse in the last few weeks and he's really struggling. He can be the sweetest though, especially when he's praying before dinner. He prays the most honest and caring prayers!
Isabelle: Belle is 3, she will be 4 in November. I struggle with how fast the time went with my "baby". She still loves to snuggle and tells me every day when I get home that she missed me so much, loves me and I'm her best friend. She is interested in cooking, serving and bugging her brother these days. She is not girly, as in dolls and dress up. She likes to do anything she can to make sure her brother screams and gets mad. She is almost always moving and loves it outside and especially water. We are either going to be signing her up for preschool this fall, or she may be coming to my work with me if we can afford it. Her development seems right up there with her peers except for her motor skills, which the doctors said will always be a bit behind. A person just meeting her would never know she had such struggles up until now.
Princess, Roscoe, Toby and Lucy: They are all doing fine! Just had to throw the pets in there to remind everyone of how crazy we are and how loud our house is!!
So there's a long overdue update. I'll work on getting some pictures up this weekend. I have Friday off as well, so hopefully I'll make the time. I miss my friends so I'd love to hear from you. God is working in our lives and I pray He is seen in yours as well.
9 years ago
2 comments:
Yippee!!I was so excited to see that you wrote on your blog!!! I love catching up with your family even if it's through technology! I am so glad that things are going so well with your family now and congrats on the weight loss!!! love you and miss you!
Fun to see what you guys are up to! Matt told me you're thinking about a trip to Africa?!
Post a Comment