Thursday, June 25, 2009

June

So June is always one of the busiest months for us. And it just so happens that I'm in class this time so it's been even crazier.

On the 13th was Audri's girl bday party at the American Girl Store. She had her two cousins and one friend from the daycare, me, Jen and Sheri come with. We had lunch with the dolls at the Bistro. The dolls get their own chair and even are served little lemonades and fruit cups. It was all too much food and after the appetizers the girls didn't want to eat their lunch. But the atmosphere was fun for them. The girls then got to shop the store. Some bought outfits, got the dolls ears pierced or their hair done - yes they have a salon in the store for the dolls to get hair, nails, facials, ear piercings done. It took at least an hour for the shopping and hair part done. We then went to the park and did a few rides. When the rides were done we had ice cream, did presents in the car and headed home. Audri had a great time and loved the party - though it was rather expensive and we will not do parties like that very often.

On the 20th was Audri's family party. It was small this year since my parents were still on their trip and Jose's family was unable to make it. It was Steve, Sheri and their kids along with my godmother, her husband, my grandma and great aunt. We did presents, had home made cake and ice cream (the cake was home made, not the ice cream) and then Steve and family stayed for a BBQ. They left soon after and then we just hung out.

Sunday was Father's day and we went to church and then spent the day out in the cities. We did some pet shopping since they have the PETCO there. We walked around the mall and I stopped at my new favorite store Clothes Mentor. They are a second hand store but carry mostly brand names and have a large plus size selection. I am always able to find lots of stuff that fits and it's all super cheap. Thanks to Ann for showing me that place. I found some nice summer shirts that I will use for my cousin's wedding coming up in July.

Belle has PT on Mondays at home and PT and OT in Waconia on Thursdays. She loves going to the rehab center in Waconia - they have so many fun toys. Today it was beach day and she got to wear her swimming suit and play in the little kiddy pool. They have a ball pit and a loft that she also loves. She is doing really well with walking now. Her balance is better some days then others, but over all pretty good. She is working on going down stairs, since she still wants to just dive down. We are noticing more and more sensory related things, such as the facial grimaces or aversions to certain activities. Her speech is coming along. I can understand her words, but not sure anyone else could. She has about 10-15 that she uses regularly but she understands way more then that. It's really fun to watch her gain so much of a personality and I do believe she may be my naughty one. Isaiah has his moments, but Belle is so stubborn I think she may rival him!

Isaiah is enjoying the summer. We had his 4 year old check up yesterday and he is doing great. Of course he's on the tiny side - 5% for height and 10% for weight, but it's to be expected with his Daddy's genes. We talked about his spirited personality - the screaming, meltdowns, hitting, throwing lovely times. She told me to try a bunch of things that I already am doing, but not to be too worried because if he's behaving at school and elsewhere I must be doing something right. So we'll just keep working on it. He is in love with super heroes now. We'll take that over the princesses and barbies that he loved before! I don't particularly love the violence in the movies, but we just keep talking about how that's pretend and we can't do that ourselves. I'm just so happy to see my boy being a boy and not trying to be like Audri!

Audri is such a big girl; 7, hard to believe! She's a huge help with the daycare. She's got the routine down and helps out a lot and the kids listen to her and love her. I think she gets a bit bored being so much older then the rest but I make sure to make it special for her by spending time with her at nap time and giving her special advantages. I think she enjoys being considered a helper and not one of the kids. She starts soccer in a few weeks. She came home from school saying she wanted to try it, so we signed her up. No word yet on the whens and wheres but I'll let you know. I hope she likes it. She is excited to be in dance again in the fall when it starts up. She is so good at it I hope she sticks with it.

Jose has started playing softball with our church on Fridays. It's so good for him to have something fun to do. I think there's only a couple weeks left of it, but I'm sure he'll do it again next year. Work is so up and down with what his hours are. Some days he's home at 5:30 other times it'll be 8 or 9. And he never knows until last minute. They still call him often but it has gotten better since his new helper is getting more comfortable.

I have stopped taking my medication for the hypersomnia. I was just not feeling well on it. It made me feel like a zombie, my blood pressure went way up and one night my skin hurt so bad like it was sunburned but I wasn't. I could hardly move. My anxiety was getting worse too. IT was just not worth it. I meet with my Dr early July, so we'll see what they say. I'm really starting to think if I could find something that made me feel better about myself I may get more energy just be that. I am not getting anywhere with the home daycare and it's only adding stress. The new dad that started a couple weeks ago accused me of being on the internet again. At least he did it to my face and didn't call in (well at least I haven't heard if he has). But it's just so frustrating to feel like you are constantly being judged and I'm not doing anything wrong. I talked to my licenser and she said you can be on the internet if the children are being supervised. I haven't been on unless my helper is here or it's nap time anyway, and he still accuses me. Just because there was an old window open on the computer he saw. But anyway, I just am getting exhausted of doing this and feel like all my schooling is going to waste. Especially when the parents aren't appreciative of what I do. All I hear is negative. There are a few job options that I won't go into detail on because I'm not ready to. But I am hopeful they will work out and it would mean a huge life change for us. I just know I can do way more then I am but feel very stuck. Of course I need to be available for my kids, but they're getting older now and soon it will be time for me to think about myself and what I want to do. I love being a mom, but I also love the field of education and management, so I hope to pursue that.

I missed my parents so badly while they were gone. They were gone for 21 days! That's insane. They had a good time but are glad to be back. He called us all over there just a couple hours after they got home. It was nice to have the whole family together and they got everyone a nice gift too. I love my parents so much. Dad has not been feeling well though. It is just so hard to watch him ...well slowly die. I was trying to think of a better way to say that, but really that's what it is. He is down over 20 pounds now just in a couple months. He tires so quickly and can't eat - something he loved so much! He hardly ever calls anymore - which he always would before, it's just hard. I know it's preparing me for when he's gone, but I just want my Dad. I want him to be him...does that make sense? My mom is losing a bunch of weight too from the stress and just not having a reason to cook. Dad doesn't want to eat and he can't stand the smell of most foods so she doesn't cook. I can't imagine how she feels. It's all just too sad to even think about, but yet I have to.

So anyway, I think that's the update on everyone for now. Sorry to end it on a sad note. Life is good, God is good and we thank Him for what we have and the time we have. Hope to hear from you all - I get rather lonely these days... :)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It is true it is hard to imagine your parent not there but whether it is early or late in life we all lose them. It took me years to figure that out after Moms death. It is true that they stop calling. Mom never called as often in the end. Dad hardly ever calls now. Sandy calls about once a week. No matter how close you want to keep them they know time is not always there to do what they want to do. I am glad your parents got out for at least one last hooopla. Hopefully there will be able to be more.I read the journals faithfully and pray for your Dad faithfully. I hope he is out of the hospital soon.