I read a blog from a woman who recently took a trip with Compassion International. This organization works with poverish countries and sets up help for children in the areas. I have always wanted to sponsor a child, but never felt I could trust where my money was going. Well after this woman blogged about it and posted pictures I started praying. The last two Sundays at church, this organization has presented and had packets with children out available to sponsor. I took home information the first Sunday and this last Sunday we picked one! The whole family was involved and the kids seem excited about it. Well Audri does, Isaiah just said he doesn't want him to come to his school (I was trying to explain how we will help this boy go to school). The first Sunday I fell in love with two little boys; one from Mexico and one from the Philippines. The little boy from Mexico was three and named Jose. Cutest little thing. The boy from the Philippines is almost 4 - a couple weeks younger then Isaiah and looks just like younger pictures of Jose's brothers adopted from the Philippines, Josh and Caleb. The kids and Jose helped and we decided to pick Junel, from the Philippines. I read all his information and filled out the paperwork during the service (with one ear out listening to the sermon). On the way home I continued to read and noticed his birthday, July 5. Yep that's right, Junel and I share a birthday. I am actually giddy with excitement at being able to help this little boy and his family. Our money provides healthy meals, Christian education, education, and medical care. I just keep looking at his picture and tearing up. I have always wanted to be a foster mom, and maybe even adopt. I don't know if that will ever happen, but this is a step in that direction! We've also thought about letting Audri pick a girl her age to sponsor as well. I want the kids to learn from this and see that they have so much and to be grateful and thankful. So anyway, I just wanted to share. If you want to learn more about Compassion and see more children up for sponsorship you can go to www.compassion.com.

I think you can click on the picture to get a bigger one, not sure. Isn't he the sweetest??
1 comment:
awwww- He is a cute little guy. What a nice thing to do as a family! It will surly teach your kids about being kind and sharing what God has given them with others who are in need.
Post a Comment