Thursday, April 2, 2009

The rumor

So thanks to those that replied and said they read my blog. I hope you got my invite and that means you can read this now. So the story is... one of my daycare moms came to pick up her son. She has a daycare lady that lives down the road as a friend on facebook. Apparently this lady had a status on her page about getting more calls for kids. When someone was asking her about it she said a daycare down the road was sited and may be closing so she's getting calls from the parents looking for new daycare. This mom of mine emailed her and said, my daycare's down the road and nothing's going on. This daycare lady emailed back and said it wasn't me. She also deleted the whole conversation off her facebook and said she didn't want to start rumors or have anything come back to her. So now, this either means she was talking about me (and says she wasn't to cover her butt) and some of my parents are thinking about pulling their children due to this (which I only know of one mom - the one I think could have reported that would do that) or she really wasn't talking about me. When the county comes to a town for a surprise visit, they do often times take advantage of being in the area and do another surprise visit. So the licenser lady could have stopped at someone else's daycare and sited them. But how many daycare's could be just down the road from a neighbor of mine? I know of one other...so who knows. But anyway...that's the scoop. It all makes me sick and I'm doing my best to just let God deal with it all and go on with my business, but it really makes you start to second guess everything. I question everything and everyone now. My Dad's been great throughout this - he's so good at getting me out of my own head and back into reality. He reminds me of what's important and that I know the truth of the situation. But man, I just want to defend myself and justify it to the world! This all makes me want to get the business thing going - get a building, get out of my house... there's other stresses with that but at least I can be me in my own house and not worry. There's some potential business things moving along, so hopefully.

The Sturgeon fam went to the chiropractor yesterday. Audri went first and was fine until she came to her neck and then got scared. She cried a bit, but it was quick and she really didnt' have any issues, other then she's picked a favorite leg already - where one's tighter then the other.. Isaiah was next and his eyes were rolling - like sleepy - while she worked on him - apparently very relaxing for him! She found lots of lymph nodes in his neck, but no major issues either. Belle came next and she couldn't believe the muscle in her neck - the torticollis - she recommended her coming in at least once a month to keep that muscle relaxed. She also found lots of lymph nodes on her that were a different feel then Isaiah's. She said she probably needed the antibiodics she was on, so that made me feel a bit better. She did some work on the one hip that has issues and even on her head - apparently you can fix flat spots and dents to some extent. Belle didn't want to be touched and just wanted to play with the toys so she cried through the whole thing. Then it was my turn, and my empathetic 6 year old cried watching me get pushed on and twisted around. She was worried I was getting hurt. She even gave me her bear to hold. Isaiah told the Dr. that she needed to work on Daddy too (he came there from work to help with the kids while I was getting adjusted). He may try it, we'll see. She told me about a good ear wax drop to help with my kids' ears - they're very waxy children and also about a vitamin that helps build up immune systems especially after being on a lot of antibiodics. We'll look into them. She's very all natural, wholistic and was telling me how if I hadn't vaccinated my children how much healthier they'd be and all this other stuff. I don't know if I'd go that far - I know lots of healthy children that were vaccinated. So anyway...I'll take some and leave some.

Shannon quit over the weekend. She thought maybe she'd come back this week - her back is much better. I had 3 kids say they were going to be gone on Fridays so I told her I wouldn't need her on Fridays. She was already cut down to the 4 hours a day. She also found out she couldn't write off mileage to my house since technically she was an employee. So I think between those things she figured it just wasn't worth it. It works out ok since I already had the ad in the paper. I kinda figured she wouldn't be back once I found out how bad her back was, so I was prepared. I've had 3 good applicants that I'm working on interviews with for next week. So pray they go well and I find the perfect person! Hopefully Shannon and I can stay good friends. (hint hint Shannon) :)

Dad's doing ok. You can tell he's in a lot of pain by watching him. Of course his personality is the same, but if you watch him...it's obvious. He sees the orthopedist on Monday. I read up a bit on bone cancer and it said that they can live long with it, but the quality of life is severly decreased - due to the pain and lack of being able to move around - depression's common. Hopefully with Dad's personality and attitude, he can fight it and be ok.

Thanks for hanging in there through my drama of a life. This last year and a half has been so chaotic for me. But I have also learned so much. It means a lot to know there are people reading my words, praying for me, and there for me when I need them. I appreciate you.

No comments: