Today has been such a bad day. I'm dealing with the issues with my dad, I'm dealing with my health and exhaustion and trying to hire a new helper, and then I get a knock on the door from wright county who is conducting an investigation due to a report made against me. The report was that within the last week I was on facebook and not even aware of what the children are doing. This is so beyond false I have no words. I have talked to each of my current parents and it was none of them...which led me to the conclusion that it must be someone that is on my facebook. I thought these people were friends and I can't believe they would do this. I have never been on the computer during the day unless I have a helper who is with the children, the children are with me in the room, or they are sleeping. So anyway I wrote a letter to my "friends" on facebook and I'm hoping my point comes across. I take so much pride in what I do and it hurts that someone could think this of me.
This is the letter I posted on facebook
I wanted to address my facebook friends today. I had someone from the county show up at my door to investigate a report made against me. Someone reported that I am spending time on facebook and don't even know what's going on with the children. I have spoken with each of my daycare families to ensure that they understand this is false. Each of them have stated that they did not report me and know that their children are in safe hands. All of my families know if there is a problem they can come to me. This leaves my facebook friends....I wanted you all to know that I am only on facebook while the children are with me or sleeping. I NEVER leave the children alone to spend time on the computer. If I have a helper here, which I have had since June and my father has been here off and on the last few weeks, I may spend a few minutes while they are with the children. But NEVER would I endanger lives of someone else's child or my own to do something as meaningless as facebook or any other internet for that matter. I work hard at what I do and I am so happy that the parents I have here at the daycare realize this. What I would like the person to know that reported me is that you should have come to me. You don't know where the children are when I'm on here. You don't know how I run my business and have no right to accuse me of lack of supervision. Because of this false accusation I now have a 2 year correction order on my file and any time a parent calls to inquire of complaints they must tell them I had a complaint due to lack of supervision. I am a full supporter of the county and the safety of children and reporting misconduct ( I am a mandated reporter and have used this responsibility before) BUT I am also a full supporter of having all your facts together before doing so. This person has caused me potential families and I am disappointed that I thought the people I had on here were true friends. It is causing me to doubt and distrust. So, to you that reported...while I'm glad you are looking out for the safety of children I would hope in the future you would have the courage to talk to the person first before assuming and falsely accusing. Don't ruin someone's reputation and career before you know all the facts.
9 years ago
1 comment:
I compleatly agree. This is so wrong. Our heart goes out to you. Willow and Eric
Post a Comment