9 years ago
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Pediatrician
Belle had her one year check up today. She was in the 60% for height and 80% for weight - right where Audri was at her age. Isaiah has been always on the smaller side where the girls are taller and thicker. Though Audri now is shorter and thin. Her ear infection did not clear from last week and the tube is gone so she is on a stronger antibiodic and we will see the ear nose throat doctor in a few weeks to recheck the ears and probably schedule another surgery to put a new tube in. Just when you think you're done with one thing.... The dr. was very impressed with the improvements she has made and thinks some of her delays could have been due to the PDA and now that her heart isn't over working she is stronger and able to gain more skills. She is still delayed and the dr. still has some concerns. When Belle walks her right leg drags a bit and shows some asymmetry in her legs and arms/hands (sp?) She says some with hypotonia can have a weaker side than another but it could also be due to some problems in the brain. One side could be developing differently or there could be damage. We will be bringing it up with the neurologist at Mayo on Monday. She said she's not nearly as concerned as she was a few months ago about her development and as long as she continues to gain skills and not plateau or lose skills she is happy. Everything else looked good and I am not too discouraged. At least not now. I still have not so good days when I worry and really want some answers, but I've been working hard on just enjoying her and letting God take care of her and trusting Him. She got 4 shots today - two in each leg. She was not at all impressed with this part of the day and let us know. The nurse said she gets the award for highest pitched scream. Tomorrow I have my first interview for daycare help (Shannon and I plan on putting them on a sub list and hoping when she does leave they will be available to take over). Saturday I will finish up my homework for my class (probably an all day project since I'm behind due to the kids being sick the last couple weeks). Monday we leave at around 11 for Mayo and not sure when we will get back. Wednesday and Thursday I have two more interviews. I think I'm fighting off the germs around me. I have swollen glands, a sore body/head and so very, very tired. But other than that I don't feel sick. I don't have time to get sick so I hope my body fights it off! I love getting comments from you readers - I read a blog of a friend from college and she calls her readers "drive by readers" because they read but don't comment so she never knows who actually reads. I hope I don't have any secret readers out there... kinda funny. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment