Monday, December 22, 2008

News

I've been trying to post a video for about a week now, but no luck. BUT...I'll write instead. Belle is crawling!! Yay. For about a week now she is getting all over the place by crawling. She tires quickly and will go back to the one armed army crawl, but day by day gets stronger and faster at it. She pulls up to her knees all over too, so we are dealing with better baby proofing. Pop cans, gluten containing food from the kids, etc are her favorite no no items! She and Isaiah have been dealing with diarrhea since Friday - I'm guessing the lovely rotavirus. Two daycare kids had it last week and of course couldnt' stay home with it, and now two of my kids have it. I've seen it much worse then they have it though, so I'm thankful the dont' seem to be in pain and it's only a couple times a day. Hopefully done by Christmas! Audri's home on break now, and I'm sure will be bored. Her playmate - the 10 year old I had coming here - moved to a new foster family last week. It was all very sudden and we're still in shock, but I can trust God knew what He was doing because as of now, she hates the new school (the school she was at when the abuse was happening) and getting teased and is away from family on Christmas. So I'm down to 10 kids and they're all little. Audri says can you please put a "fly" up so we can get a girl my age (she meant flyer). :) I finished up my last bit of homework last weekend and that feels great. I'm done until May!! I didn't want to plan homework for my trip to Mazatlan...YEP Mazatlan!! My parents decided to make some family memories and take us all to Mexico. We leave on February 11 and get back on the 18th. Shannon will open the daycare 3 of the days by herself to help the parents out. They rented a house for us all to stay at and are planning a few outings while we're there. It'll be wonderful!! I am horrified about getting on a plane - only been on one when I was like 4. But it'll be worth it. Jose has been working even more then before - like until 4 am and then getting up to go back by 8. It's insane. He sent out an application through fax and it came back and his boss found it. He was not too happy, but cooled down and it actually opened up a chance for them to talk about everything and for them to realize that Jose's unhappy and they can't keep treating him this way. I think because he's so nice they just keep treating him that way and didn't realize that it would affect him. So hopefully things will change soon since they realize they could lose him.


1 comment:

Fiona said...

How exciting!! Belle, Mexico...I'm glad to hear some happy things are happening for you guys!im