Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Too busy

So what's going on in the Sturgeon household? Too much to keep up with, hence the no writing! Writing on my blog is one of the things I've put on hold while I try to keep up. I decided to start this entry in hopes I can add to it each day and post it by the weekend. Who knows, maybe I'll get a burst of energy and time and finish it up before then! To make it easier I will do bullets for each person and what they're up to.



Isabelle:


  • Graduated all therapies! She no longer has an IFSP in place and seems to have caught up in most areas. She still has minor delays but not enough to qualify for services.

  • Potty training! She is in underwear almost always at home and pull ups elsewhere. Still has accidents but gets better each day.

  • Turns 3 in a month! I can hardly believe it's been 3 years since she was born. She has come so far and is just a joyful little girl.

Isaiah:



  • Started Kindergarten! He is going to half day kindergarten and loves it. His teacher was his Sunday school teacher when he was 2 and loves him. He is doing well in all areas except fine motor and that's because he's a young 5 since he has a summer birthday. No concerns.

  • Played soccer this summer. He seemed to enjoy it, though he didn't understand when someone took the ball from him and fought with another boy that had been going to my daycare.

  • Is still very into super heroes and at times can get carried away pretending to be one and hurting his sisters. He still has too much aggression and is impulsive in his behavior at home. No one else seems to have that problem (school, etc)

Audri:

  • Is in 3rd grade! She still enjoys school but is struggling with math. I was the same way, excelled in english/writing and needed help in math. She will begin Title I for math which will give her 20 minutes a day of extra help with the lesson.

  • Needs glasses! We have been waiting for insurance since March and will finally get it November 1. She had an eye exam and does need glasses for near sightedness.

  • Still loves dance. It began again this month and she loves it. Her class is again small and they are working on flexibility and the splits this year which she can already do!

Jose:

  • Has been the stay-at-home Dad since the end of March. He is finding his groove and does well!
  • When I went to work at the end of May he ran the daycare until the beginning of July and then we closed it down. Originally to allow space for my sister and her kids to move in, but that didn't happen.
  • Is working hard on himself, figuring out what he wants to do next and how he is as a father and husband. I am honored to have him in my life and respect his dedication to us.

Jesi:

  • Have been at my job for 5 months. I really enjoy my job. It has many challenges that keep me busy and give me a sense of purpose. I recently had to fire my assistant teacher and it is showing me a lot about myself as I deal with it all.
  • Have been attending an eating disorder group for 11 weeks. It goes for 16 weeks. I am again learning a lot about myself and how my eating disorder affects all areas of my life.
  • Miss my kids terribly and struggle with the career woman and super mom within me and am desperately working towards finding the balance.

Sturgeon household:

  • we bought a puppy a few weeks ago. Her name is Lucy, she is 6 months old and is a St. Bernard! Yes we are crazy. She weighs over 70 pounds now and will get between 150 and 200 pounds full grown. She is beautiful and a well behaved puppy. We will be signing up for obedience training soon as she will outweigh us shortly and we have to make sure we have the control!
  • Since closing the daycare we have been working on our basement. It is now our family room. The wallpaper is coming off slowly but hopefully that will be done soon and then we can paint.
  • Audri moved to the bedroom downstairs so now all the kids have their own rooms. Audri is so glad to not have Belle getting into all her things! She had to sleep down there for a week before we moved any of her things to make sure she wouldn't be scared or not like it.

Well that's all I can think of for now. I will work on getting some photos too. I would love to hear from you too. My social life is also on the back burner and I really miss friends!

No comments: